Artificial Intelligence(AI) in Lifesciences Manufacturing Industries
In recent years due to the advancement in the Lifesciences manufacturing technology, a lot of data is available and it becomes necessary to collect, store and organise this data. Pharmaceutical companies, therefore, considering Artificial Intelligence and big data as a solution for their data management challenges. The key insights which can be derived from the data can be useful to reduce manufacturing and R&D costs.
Artificial intelligence and Big data can help lower the cost of drug trials by identifying the patient outcomes with the current drugs and to determine the best practices to design new and more effective drugs.
Big data and Artificial intelligence(AI) in Lifesciences makes it possible to design better clinical trials to predict outcomes based on patient responses. This helps manufacturers to design new drugs for a smaller patient population in a more cost-effective way.
FDA is encouraging Lifesciences manufacturers for continuous manufacturing rather than a step by step approach of batch processing. By continuously monitoring factors like temperature, moisture and other changes during the manufacturing process, we can decrease the variability in the final product. Continuous data and feedback collection from the manufacturing facilities is the key in enhancing the production facilities.
Also, the FDA makes serialization mandatory for pharmaceutical manufacturers which makes industries to be more data compliant so that it should be easy to interpret their data by the external agencies also.
Applications of Big data and Artificial intelligence in Lifesciences manufacturers
Improvements in manufacturing processes
AI provides a lot of opportunities in product development and improving production processes. It can be effectively used to perform quality control operations, shorten design time, reduce wastage of raw material, improves production reuse, proactive predictive maintenance and more. It makes production more efficient with faster outputs and less material wastage consistently.
Designing new drugs
Artificial Intelligence(AI) in Lifesciences helps in designing new generation drugs by drug target identification and validation. It will reduce the time taken for clinical trials to test the drugs and helps to get approval as early as possible so that the drugs reach the market without any delay. This will result in great cost-saving and also the manufacturers can offer their drugs at lower costs to the patients.
From the information obtained from patient body scans, biology and analytics, AI can be used to detect cancer at an early stage or even predict possible diseases that a patient could face based upon their genetics.
Patients medical records and history will help some AI-powered machines to design personalised treatment plans. Based on the patient’s reaction to the past drugs and test results, it is possible to develop personalized drugs for a specific group of patients
AI also assists in the development of biomarkers which can be used in the process of drug discovery and development. With the help of predictive biomarker models, developed using large data sets, it is possible to identify the potential responders to a molecular targeted therapy even before the drug is tested on humans.
It is undeniable that AI can be a game-changer in the Lifesciences manufacturing industry. Companies should start to use current technologies for data analysis based on predictive and multivariate analysis. Those who adopt this new technology will have a strategic advantage in the coming days.
Challenges with data collection in Lifesciences manufacturing industries
Despite many benefits offered by big data, there are few challenges in collecting, organising, and processing the data in Lifesciences manufacturing industries
- Handling the large volumes of data which accumulates at high speed and also organizing it for better processing is very difficult with manual systems.
- Filtering useful data which actually helps to improve manufacturing processes in the industry is also a key challenge in the data processing.
- Lack of availability of sufficient amount of data to derive statistical conclusions.
- Lifesciences manufacturers also have to overcome data integrity challenges and regulatory requirements for data management.
- Lack of efficient tools to record and analyse data.
AmpleLogic software solutions for effective data capture and management
Due to the advancement of new technologies in the form of AI and Big data, Lifesciences manufacturers should consider suitable solutions to take advantage of this innovative data management technologies.
Amplelogic offers a holistically automated and computerized solution to Lifesciences industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotech, biosimilars and API manufacturers.
Comprehensive quality software solutions
- Amplelogic provides a range of quality data management solutions such as CAPA tracking, Change Control, Deviation Management, Market Complaints, Vendor Qualification, OOS/OOT, Audit Management, Document Management and, Training Management, stability management, alarm management etc., with an intelligent tracking and powerful automation.
- Amplelogic software solutions for Lifesciences manufacturing industries will help to automate and streamline production systems which ensure high-quality products and speed of delivery.
Advanced data capture
- Our quality software solutions with advanced capabilities can capture data from different sources which is used to identify the root cause for deviation or non-compliance to design effective SOP for the production systems.
- Lifesciences manufacturing companies which practice data-driven decision making regarding their production activities are most likely to get desired results. AmpleLogic software solutions offer in-depth analysis of data captured and display the results with attractive visuals to comprehend the data for easy decision making.
- Amplelogic electronic data capturing systems are specially designed to govern interrelated processes which make the workflow more transparent and flexible.
Real-time data collection
- Our Enterprise quality data management solutions allow Lifesciences industries to consistently discover new opportunities through real-time data collection and monitoring. These data include market research, customer complaints, customer reports, audits, employee feedback and other data sources.
- Our software solutions allow drug manufacturers to carry out their production activities in a regulated environment and adhere to the global regulatory guidelines.
- Our Lifesciences quality management software modules comply with US FDA regulations such as 21 CFR part 11, EU Annex 11, MHRA, GAMP, GMP, ISO, and other regulatory standards.
- Our automated solutions provide real-time support and productive dialogue between different teams in the organisation and also with the third party suppliers for effective communication.
- Our software solutions for Lifesciences are transparent and can be positioned on cloud-based systems and on-premise as well which are interchangeable.
See how you can manage, optimize and automate your business processes today with AmpleLogic Pharmaceutical Quality Management Software Modules. Get a demo from one of our process experts or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org