GAMP 5 Categories, V Model and 21 CFR Part 11, EU Annex 11
What is GAMP 5?
Why GAMP 5?
GAMP 5 Categories
Note: In GAMP 5, Category 2 is discontinued
Difference between Category 4 and Category 5 in GAMP 5
Configuration: The modification of the function of a software product to meet the business process or user requirements using tools supplied by the supplier. These tools can include the input of user-defined text strings for drop-down menus, turning software functions on or off, graphical dragging and dropping of information elements, and creation of specific reports using the standard functionality of the package.
Customization: The writing of software modules, scripts, procedures, or applications to meet business requirements. This can be achieved using an external programming language (such as C++ or .NET or PL*SQL for database procedures), macro instructions, or an internal scripting language specific for a commercial application.
Depending on the user requirements the same implementation can be Category 4 or 5
What is SDLC Model? and What model GAMP 5 Suggests?
The software development life cycle (SDLC) is a framework defining tasks performed at each step in the software development process.
What is 21 CFR Part 11 and EU Annex 11?
- A Company is delivering software to the banking sector they never heard of part 11 but when the Pharma customer wants them to map Part 11 requirements will the solution comply with them?
- Even if a company is delivering software to the banking sector, the solution will generally comply with part 11 requirements.
- In banking software’s there may not be the reference of Part 11, but the requirements of Part 11 will be met by the banking software’s
- A software company is following SDLC models from the past 8 years. For the first time, they are delivering a Pharma software solution. When the customer team comes for an audit what software development methodologies they need to demonstrate to win the auditor.
- Whenever there is an audit of the customer need to explain the detailed procedure followed to develop software right from the beginning of User requirement gathering to the maintenance and support.
- Even if the company does not know the standard guidelines, we can map the existing followed procedure with the guidelines and standards to comply with client requirements.
- The company which comes to audit have a set of guidelines or criteria which the supplier should comply to pass the audit.
- The pharma companies investigate whether the software follows GAMP, or Part 11 or EU annexure 11.
- To win the auditor the company must have followed an SDLC Methodology with Proper Reviews and Tracking.
- A software company doesn’t want to follow the V model, still wanted to deliver Pharma software(Quality management software, Document Management System, ANDA and DMF tracker etc.). Will this be acceptable to Pharma Company?
Acceptable if Software Company follows standard SDLC models and follows the Standards for developing and managing the code.
For further queries, and suggestions reach out to email@example.com or visit www.amplelogic.com