Learning Management System Case Study
Learning Management System in Life Sciences Companies
Business Need: The client wanted to develop a web-based Learning Management System (LMS) that would facilitate their training requirements to provide interactive learning courses and online tests through an online system that would be avoiding travel from one to another location. They needed an online platform that would allow them to upload many different types of training material, as well as that would allow them to easily train, manage and track their large numbers of employees
Their training requirements included an interactive multilingual support platform that would be visually appealing. In addition, the learning application had to support various types of online system generated random tests. It also gives email alerts about the next required training session or any updations in existing SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) and works instructions policies or repeat training is required such as GxP training to the training managers
One of the Largest Pharmaceutical Company in India had its headquarters in Hyderabad. With over 10,000 plus employees our client has very rapidly become one of the fastest-growing companies having a huge product portfolio manufacturing facilities, distribution networks have crossed 50+ countries. This company has to adhere to stringent guidelines of quality and regulatory authorities like USFDA, WHO, MHRA, and CDSCO, etc. So there are strictly following Common Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP and GMP defined by FDA (Food Drug Administration)
Solution – Learning Management System
The eLearning Solution, Learning Management System (LMS), was designed by AmpleLogic to organize, deploy, and track web-based training content. AmpleLogic LMS Solution managed web-based training, upload learning content i.e. training materials or courses, register and enroll employees of an organization across the locations to learn their training requirements, set up certifications and track the employee’s progress, learning status through online tests and courses, etc.
- The Training Management System allowed users to create, manage the courses, training materials and its modules in different languages separately as per the employee needs
- The administrator/training manager could see the detailed training reports for employees or selective users/groups who had appeared for the test within a specified timeline
- AmpleLogic LMS Software was able to provide them with the ability to quickly publish their training courses online, and offer their continuing learning programs to be accessible by anyone, anywhere, at any time and beyond
- Based on the security rights of users, they can create various questions based on the previously defined sets and courses within the modules. There were various types of questions; quiz questions, multiple choices, single choice, true/false yes/no, and sentence completions, etc.
- The Learning Management System enables employees to get all of their training and certifications from one constantly updated source, while it enables them to closely track and monitor all of their employee’s training progress, ensuring their success in the learning programs along with their certifications
- Track all of their employees’ compliance training in one location, through a web-based interface, increasing quality, and control
Benefits and Results – Training Management System
- This made it easier for the client to track their employees’ progress through their training, so they could identify cases where a new or existing employee was lagging or needed additional training programs
- Using the AmpleLogic Learning Management Software, the company has been able to stay on top of these changing regulations standards and maintain their certifications with a minimum of cost and efforts
- Eliminates of physical resources such as CD-ROMs, manual training materials, cassettes, books or conventional classrooms sessions as well as reduced their training costs by over 70% by providing their learning content online while reducing the number of classroom sessions and on-site learning
- By LMS Solution they are able to transfer all of their training course material over in a matter of weeks. Able to create and deliver their required learning content, and keeping their staff in compliance with their regulatory requirements, while eliminating virtually all the need for travel.
- Reduce the time for needed for uploading, updating, printing, and shipping of training course manuals and documentation, dramatically reduced the cost of software for managing and creating training courses
AmpleLogic Training Management System with advanced reporting features allowed them to keep track of how well employee trainees navigated the course material and how much time they required to complete the training modules. As a result, they restructured the learning programs to enable employees and trainees to complete it at a faster rate.